- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 c. f canned refried beans
- 1/2 c. of grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp. of lime juice, fresh
- 1/2 c. of prepared salsa
- 1/2 c.of sour cream
- 1/4 c. of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 sliced green onion, white and green parts
- 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
How to make it
- First youcan preheat the broiler.
- Then heat the tortillas by toasting them ina skillet or directly( let them get toasted)
- Now place on a baking sheet, cover each tortilla with ¼ cup of refried beans, and cover to keep warm.
- Next while working in batches as needed, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high flame until it is very hot but not smoking and the foaming has subsided.
- Then crack the eggs directly into the hot butter and reduce the flame to medium-low or low.
- Then fry the eggs, shaking the pan occasionally to keep the eggs from sticking.
- Rememver Season the eggs with salt and pepper; cooking to the desired doneness, about 2 min. for "sunny-side up," 3 min. for medium yolks, and 4 min. for hard yolks;
- Now you should top each tortilla with 2 fried eggs and 2 tbsp. of the grated cheese.
- Then slide the tortillas under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado and toss with the lime juice to prevent the avocado from discoloring.
- Next you can top each serving with 2 tbsp. of salsa and 2 tbsp. of sour cream.
- Then divide the avocado among the tortillas.
- Note: To garnish each tortilla with 1 tbsp. of cilantro and 1 tbsp. of green onion and serve.