Chicken Stuffed Red Pepper
- Baked, shredded chicken.
- 2 red peppers tops removed
- half cup of grated cheddar and mozza cheese, mixed
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 tbsp hot salsa
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl mix the chicken with the cheeses, onion, celery, salsa, salt and pepper.
- Then spoon (well, stuff, actually) the mixture into the red peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and add a quarter cup of water with a little salsa added for good measure. Cover with lid or tin foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- * I like to add a bit more grated cheese to the top as it's cooling.
- * I also like to substitute the tofu that looks like ground beef and add some taco spice for a more Mexican flavor.