Apple Sausage Puff Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose-flour
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 6 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 3 medium apples, such as Granny Smith, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 pound bulk maple flavored sausage
- 1. While pancake is cooking, cook sausage; drain and set aside.
- 2. Melt margarine in pan; add brown sugar, syrup and apples and sauté until apples are tender, but not soggy.
- 3. Add sausage and heat through.
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2. In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except margarine. Beat until smooth.
- 3. Place 1 Tbsp. butter into each of six 2-cup ramekins, place in preheated oven until butter is melted.
- 4. Carefully pour batter into hot ramekins. Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- 5. Scoop filling into middle of each puffed pancake. SERVE IMMEDIATELY, they fall quickly.