Burnt Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make it
- Heat granulated sugar and 1/4 cup water in a large skillet on medium high heat until sugar melts and boils stirring occasionally.
- Boil until mixture is dark brown.
- Remove from heat then gradually stir in remaining water.
- Cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Stir in cream and vanilla then caramel mixture.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.