Caramel Corn Ice Cream
- Time 240 minutes
- Serves 6
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups and 3 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 12 soft caramel candies
How to make it
- Combine corn and half-and-half in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour corn mixture into a sieve over a large bowl, reserving the liquid and discarding the solids.
- Add 2 cups milk, sugar, salt, and egg yolks and stir with a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a large saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and place in a large ice-filled bowl for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Combine 3 tablespoons milk and caramels in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the caramels melt whille stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream maxer and freeze according to its instructions.
- Stir in the caramel mixture.
- Spoon the ice cream into a container and freeze until set.