Green Chili Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 c. of chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. of chopped cilantro
- 4 oz. of chopped green chilies
- 1 c. of heavy cream
- 4 oz. of chredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cloved of minced garlic
How to make it
- First you want to preheat oven to 350°F.
- Now take a ovenproof skillet, you can now fry the bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Now saute chicken in bacon fat turning only once, till brown.
- Remove chicken, but you need to keep warm.
- Then add the dd chicken broth and scrape up any browned bits on bottom of skillet, simmer until reduced to half.
- Now you can put chicken back in skillet.
- Now add the garlic, cilantro, undrained chilis and cream.
- This needs to bake uncovered, until chicken is done approx. 30 minutes. Take this out of the oven,
- then you need to put oven to broil, sprinkle chicken with cheese, set under broiler until cheese melts and browns.
- Add the crumbled bacon to chicken.