- 1/2 lb kabocha pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
How to make it
- Peel kabocha and cut into small pieces.
- Steam until soft, about 25-30 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and cinnamon and mash well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar into a bowl, add water and knead well.
- Shape into fairly thin discs.
- Put kabocha filling in the center of the dough and wrap it to make a ball.
- Place dough balls in the steamer and cook 10 minutes.