Boneless Breast Of Chicken Saltimbocca
- 6 whole boneless chicken breasts,cut in half
- 1/3 plus 1 tblsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup clarified butter
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto ham
- 6-1oz slices of monterey jack cheese,cut in half
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb sliced mushrooms(3 cups)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1tsp each fresh thyme and oregano or 1/2 tsp eachh dried thyme and oregano
- 1/2 cup dry sherry and cream
- salt and pepper
How to make it
- Dip chicken in flour:brown in butter.
- Arrange in a buttered 13 x9 x 2 baking dish
- top each with 1 slice prosciutto ham and 1/2 slice cheese
- Cook shallots in garlic until soft
- add mushrooms,wine,broth and herbs bring to a boil and cook 10 min.
- stir into hot mixture 1 tblsp flour and a small amount sherry and cream season with salt and pepper.
- pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 20 min