Zesty White Bean Burgers
- 1-16 ounce can great northern beans, undrained
- 1-4 ounce can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- Shredded lettuce
How to make it
- Place beans in food processor or blender.
- Cover and process until slightly mashed.
- Mix beans, chilies, onions, bread crumbs and egg.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Coat each patty with cornmeal.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook patties in oil for about 10 minutes, turning once, until crisp and thoroughly cooked on both sides.
- Top patties with cheese.
- Cover and cook about 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve patties on bottom halves of Kaiser rolls, top with lettuce, guacamole and salsa. Cover with tops of rolls.