Apple Sausage Blossom
- 1 1b. freshly ground pork sausage
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 3/4 c. fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 apple (Granny Smith) peeled & shredded
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pkg Puff Pastry Sheets
How to make it
- Blend crumbs, seasonings and brown sugar together.
- Add all ingredients in large bowl and mix until evenly distributed. May refrigerate overnight.
- Use 2/3 cup and shape into "patties" and freeze until needed (thaw before using).
- When ready to bake use puff pastry. Cut one sheet into 6 or 9 pieces. Roll each piece into 5" square.
- Place 1 patty in center, gather corners over top center tucking sides in, twist together then separate "petals" and press down in center.
- Brush with another beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.