Chicken Long Rice
- Time 75 minutes
- Serves 10
- 3 lb chicken wings or 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 T oil
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 – 7 c water for chicken wings or 1 large can of chicken broth if using chicken thighs or use Knorr bullion granulars to make broth
- 1 ½ t soy sauce
- 1 – 6 oz can whole mushrooms or 1 c fresh button mushrooms
- 1 – 6 oz pk long rice/saifun (bean threads - clear coils of noodles found in the Asian section of the supermarket or Asian stores) or use oriental vermicelli
- 2 T chopped green onions
How to make it
- Cover and soak long rice in cold water for 30 minutes; cut into 2" lengths.
- Wash chicken wings or clean, wash and cut chicken thighs into 1" slivers.
- In a large pot add chicken wings, garlic and soy sauce and boil for 1 hour
- If using the boneless chicken thighs, heat oil in a large skillet and saute chicken and garlic until browned and in a large pot bring chicken broth and soy sauce to a boil add chicken mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- To either method used, add long rice and mushrooms to broth and chicken mixture.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve. Serves: 10 – 12.