Cream Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- 8 to 10 cups cooked potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small jar diced pimento, drained
- 1/2 a small can French fried onion rings
How to make it
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook until bubbly. Cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and cream cheese. Cook until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Combine potatoes, pimento and cream cheese sauce. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour into large greased casserole.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with onion rings.
- Return to oven, uncovered, for 10 additional minutes.