Crock Pot Cabbage And Pork Soup
- Time 240 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 pound boneless country style pork ribs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 by 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cups chopped cabbage (about 1 medium head)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 can (28 0unces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients into 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 9 hours OR high heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Until pork and vegetables are tender.
- For a thicker soup you can substitute two 14 1/2 ounce cans of chicken broth instead of the water and bullion cubes.
- If you prefer beef, use one pound lean beef stew meat cut into 1 inch pieces, and beef bouillon cubes or beef broth instead of the pork and chicken broth.