Black Rye Bread Rogebrod
- Time 60 minutes
- Serves 12
- 2 c flaked or cracked rye (Red River cereal also works in a pinch)
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c blackstrap molasses (or fancy)
- 2 c boiling water
How to make it
- Mix rye, molasses, and boiling water together.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add dry mix to the molasses mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into greased loaf pan then bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
- Makes 1 loaf