- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon to start
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 block sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thick slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 block pepper jack cheese, cut into thick slices, 1/4-inch thick
How to make it
- Combine oil, vinegar, parsley, onion, sugar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- Stand cheese slices upright in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter.
- Spoon some of the marinade over cheese.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve with assorted crackers.