White Bean And Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1-4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Chives for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- Shredded Monterey Jack chees for garnish
- Cooked rice or baked potato for serving
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken and onions in oil for 5 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, chilies, garlic, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and simmer an additional 20 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over rice or potato and garnish with moneterey jack cheese, sour cream and chopped chives.