- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 whole, cleaned and dried roasting chicken
- 2 cups of dried apricots
- 1 stick of salted butter
- salt and pepper
How to make it
- Place dried apricots in warm water for 30 minutes to soak before starting to prepare the chicken for baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and salt the cavity of the chicken. Dry your chicken completely. Do not pierce the skin of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the whole stick of butter into the cavity of the chicken.
- Drain the apricots and stuff the chicken completely. You do not need to close the cavity of the chicken.
- Place chicken into baking pan or dish breast side up and bake for an hour and a half, at 350 degrees, basting at least three times during baking.
- Check to make sure that the chicken has fully baked by pulling the leg away from the body.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Remove apriots with spoon and discard. You can eat these if you like but I usually discard them.
- Slice chicken and drizzle with some of the "juice" in the pan over the chicken slices or pieces and serve.