- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3/8 head lettuce, torn
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3/4 can mandarin orange, drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
How to make it
- Cook almonds and 2 tbsp of sugar in a heavy pan until sugar is melted. Poor onto aluminum foil to cool and harden. Break into pea sized chunks.
- Toss together lettuce, celery, green onions and mandarin oranges.
- Dressing: Combine vinegar, remaining sugar, parsley and oil in a jar or cruet.
- When ready to serve, add almond chunks and dressing.