Twice Baked Yams
- 3 medium yams
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons crushed pineapple drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Miniature marshmallows
How to make it
- Wash potatoes then blot dry and prick with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Rub a light coating of vegetable oil onto skins.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Cut a thin lengthwise slice from top of each potato.
- Scoop out inside being careful to leave a thin shell.
- Mash potatoes in a mixing bowl until no lumps remain.
- Add butter, brown sugar, raisins, nuts, drained pineapple and cinnamon.
- Fill potato skins with mixture.
- Increase oven to 400.
- Place potatoes in an oven proof dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven then set oven to broil.
- Place several miniature marshmallows on top of each potato then place under broiler.