Near Instant Potato Soup
- 6-8 small Idaho potatoes, cubed very very small
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 stick butter (yes butter, not margerine)
- 1 QT water
- 1 tbsp Vegeta broth (or any other dried broth)
- 1 cup cream or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 cup dried leeks
How to make it
- Melt butter, toss in onion and salt.
- After onions start to brown, toss in garlic and stir for 2-3mins.
- Add water, bring to boil.
- Add potatoes, leeks and dried broth, cover for 15mins.
- Put a fork through one of the biggest chunks to check for doneness.
- Remove cover, insert stick blender and blend until nearly smooth (leave some chunks for texture tho).
- Turn down heat, stir in cream, serve w/ good French bread