- 4 Links Italian Sausage (Spicy or Mild)
- 1 Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 Strips Of Bacon, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
- 2 Medium Potatoes. Peeled And Cut Into Large Dice
- 2 to 3 Cups Of Chopped Greens
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- half Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese To Serve
How to make it
- Cook the bacon in a heavy pan until crisp.
- Remove to another dish, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the sausage links, and cook over medium heat until browned well on all sides.
- Add ½ cup of water, cover, and cook another 10 minutes over medium low heat or until completely cooked.
- Remove the sausages to a plate, and cook the onions in the same pan until translucent.
- Add the garlic, and cook another minute or two.
- In a large soup or stockpot, add the chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cut the sausage links into ½ inch sklices, and then add these to the stockpot.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then add the kale (greens of your choice) and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper, and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove a little of the potato from the pot, and place it in a bowl. Mash the potato together with the cream, and then add this mixture to the pot, mixing well.
- Serve hot, offering a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese if desired.