Chicken Salad With Mango Dressing
- 1 tbsp. each chopped fresh ginger and grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup each soy sauce, orange juice, and oyster sauce
- 8 skinless, bonless, chicken breast halves ( about 2 lbs. total)
- Mango dressing ( recipe follows)
- 4 quarts bite - size pieces washed, crisped mixed salad greens. (Watercress, leaf lettuce, and butter lettuce)
- 1 each medium - size red and yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- MANGO DRESSING
- 2 ripe mangoes (About 1 1/2 lbs. in total)
- About 1 cup fruit wood chips, such as cherry and apple, soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. oriental sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine orange peel, soy, orange juice, and oyster sauce.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; cut in squares. add to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 1 day, turning several times.
- Peel mangoes, slice fruit from pits, discard pits. Place fruit in a blender or food processor, add orange juice, sesame oil and balsamic vinegar. Whirl until smooth. (Makes 2 cups)
- Cook chicken or stir fry into a wok with 2 tbsp. of sesame oil.
- To serve, divede greens among 8 dinner plates. Arrange chicken and bell peppers over greens. Offer Mango dressing to add to taste.