Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 1 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup real butter (room temp)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavoring or your favorite
How to make it
- Cream cheese, butter, sugars and flavoring in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. (Very important step)
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 8 to 10 minutes.(the edges should be lightly browned)
- Cool for 2 minutes and transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- Decorate as desired when cookies have cooled completely. (powdered sugar frosting)