Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 med. apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 sm. onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 6 thick pork chops
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
How to make it
- Combine apple, onion, salt, bread crumbs, pepper, sage and butter.
- Add water if mixture appears too dry.
- Cut a deep pocket into the side of each pork chop and stuff with the apple dressing.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- In large skillet brown the stuffed chops on each side in the oil.
- Place chops in shallow ovenproof casserole and arrange the remaining dressing around the chops.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for about 1 hour.
- Last 5 minutes, saute lightly the raisins and add to casserole.