Hamburger And Mashed Potato Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- Kosher salt, celery salt, celery seed, fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Mashed potatoes (can use instant if you prefer...I fix real, boiled potatoes...I just guess on how many I need)
- Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (Iuse Sargento's in a bag)
How to make it
- Very easy to double, triple, etc. Can be made ahead of time and freezes well wrapped in plastic wrap, then foil and put in a plastic freezer bag.
- Brown meat and onion until meat is cooked.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper, celery salt and celery seed. Plus any other spice or herb you desire.
- Spoon above into a shallow, oiled or sprayed, baking dish.
- Spoon and smooth on mashed potatoes.
- Liberally put cheese on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.