Buttery Farm Biscuits
- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 12
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup skim milk, or whole milk
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Using a fork, stir in the milk until a soft dough forms. Gather the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough baking sheet. With lightly-floured hands, press it evenly into a rough 6 x 6 inch square.
- Using a spatula or the dull side of a knife, cut dough evenly into 12 biscuits without completely separating them.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm