Baked Apple Pancake
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced and peeled apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt half the butter, add the apples and sauté until tender.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar, lemon/lime juice, and cinnamon and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Preheat a 9x13 baking dish for 5 minutes then add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to it and coat the bottom and sides.
- Spoon the sautéed apple misture over the bottom evenly.
- By hand, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, and salt until blended.
- Pour the batter over the hot fruit. Bake until puffed and golden brown (about 20-25 minutes).
- Remove from oven and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!