Butter Chicken Chicken Makhani
- Time 45 minutes
- Serves 46
- 1 kg whole chicken, cut in 12 peices.
- 100 gm Butter
- 300 ml cream
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 2 tea spoons Garam masala
- 2 tea spoons ground coriender
- 2 tea spoons chilli powder
- 2 cm ginger root shreded
- 2 tea spoons minced garlic
- 2 tea spoons green chilli paste
- 1 tea spoon salt
- 1 table spoon sugar
- 2 table spoons coriender leaves to garnish
How to make it
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan and add giner, garlic and green chilli and stir for one minute.
- Add chicken peices and fry until brown from all sides. remove chicken and keep a side.
- Add the remaining butter and reheat.
- Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar. Stir well.
- Add some water to make a thick gravy. Bring to boil on high and add the chicken peices back to the gravy and reduce the heat.
- Stir gently to coat all the chicken pieces with tomato gravy. Add the cream and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove and place a alarge bowl. Garnish with some cream on top and coriender leaves.