- 3 Cups Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cups grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tbs Parsley flakes
- 1 Tbs Oregano
- 1 Tbs Fresh Basil
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Lb Italian Sausage
- 1 clove fresh minced Garlic
- 1 1-lb can (2 cups) stewed Tomatoes
- 2 6oz cans Tomato paste
- 1 box Lasagne noodles (wide)
- 1 Lb Mozzarella cheese
How to make it
- Cheese Mix - Mix the first seven ingredients well in a bowl and seal it.
- Fridgerate the cheese mix overnight.
- Red Meat Sauce - Lightly brown the sausage and stew it the tomatoes/paste and season with Basil, Oregano, and Garlic to taste.
- Slice the Mozzarella cheese in very thin slices
- Boil the noodles with salt, cook well, then drain
- Assemble in two layers into a baking/cassarole dish (noodles, cheese mix, mozzarella cheese, and red meat sauce)
- Sprinkle a little Romano cheese on the very top of the pie
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes before cutting and serving (if not, the mozzarella will quickly melt again and make the serving a little stringy).