1. Place all ingredients except oil and parsely in food processor.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil and continue processing until mixed well.
4. If mixture is too stiff add water a little at a time until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency (you don't want it runny).
5. Remove from processor and add parsley.
6. Chill for at least four hours.
7. Spread on plate in a thin layer.
8. Drizzle additional oil on top.
9. Sprinkle with paprika and served with pita bread.
Posted by: Luby
30 minutes prep
Mel's notes: 8/26/06 - It is delicious! The original recipe called for 1/4 tsp cayenne and that was too much. Also, it needed more cumin, so I added another 1/2 tsp and another tsp of salt. I used some lemon slices and parsley for a garnish with the oil drizzled on top and it was beautiful as well as delicious.