Salsa Verde Cruda
- 1/2 dozen tomatillos, husked and rinsed under hot water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 serrano chiles, stems removed (for a milder spice, use less)
- 1 jalapeño chile, stem removed (what? we've built a tolerance for these kinds of things)
- 1/2 of a white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 of a lime
- Salt to taste (a su gusto)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
How to make it
- Boil all the tomatillos, half the garlic, half the chiles, and half the onion in enough water to cover for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and drain the water.
- Finely mince remaining garlic, chiles, and cilantro leaves.
- Place boiled tomatillos, garlic, onion, and chiles in a blender, and blend.
- Add remaining fresh chiles, garlic, onion, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, and salt to taste and lightly pulse in blender. You're really just mixing it in well.
- It should look gorgeous, and if it doesn't, something went wrong. Please use variations, its exciting to make something your own. Buen Provecho!