Grape Leaf Wrapped Shrimp And Cheese
- one jar of grape leaves, pull out one bunch and rinse well and pat dry
- one dozen of under 20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails off
- 12 - 2 x 1 x 1 chunks of smoked mozzarella cheese or thick sticks of
- feta (too salty for me) or a red pepper jack cheese( my favorite)
- 1 lemon juiced
- grated rind of one lemon (1/2 teaspoon or less)
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 generous pinch of red pepper flakes
How to make it
- Using two grape leaves per serving, place on uncooked shrimp and one stick of cheese in the center of two overlapping leaves.
- Fold in sides and then fold over bottom and roll over to complete into a neat little package. You should have 12 neat little bundles.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and the butter until sizzling.
- Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and the lemon rind.
- Place the bundles, cheese side down for one to two minutes.
- Flip over to shrimp side down and cook about 7-8 minutes to cook the shrimp through.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over all.
- Serve two per person for appetizer portion. Oozy cheesy goodness and briny salty shrimp with a kick of pepper and lemon. YUM!