Portuguese Coconut-custard TartsFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Adjust the rack to middle position.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with 10 paper cupcake liners.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the milk. Set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade shred the coconut flakes for 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the eggs and sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- One by one, add the cornstarch mixture, remaining milk, coconut, melted butter and lemon extract, stirring well after each addition.
- Ladle the custard into the paper cups, filling to 1/4 inch from the top.
- stir frequently to keep the coconut well distributed.)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the coconut is nicely toasted. Cool completely in the tin before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
These are delicoius! Thanks for posting.recipediva in Pittsburgh loved it
What a perfect dessert! I was searching for a coconut tart and found your recipe. Its just want I was looking for. Thank you so much for sharing it.annieamie in Los Angeles loved it