- Time 100 minutes
- Serves 6
- 5.5oz maccadamias, roasted
- 4 egg whites
- 4oz plain flour
- 4oz caster sugar
- pinch salt
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Meanwhile, oil a loaf pan and line it with grease-proof paper.
- Whip up the whites with a dash of salt until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add sugar and whip up until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is glossy and smooth.
- Fold in flour, being very careful, and then fold in the nuts until JUST combined.
- Spoon the mixture out into the tin and bake for 50 minutes (golden brown when done).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 250F and cut your bread into super thin slices (see picture) with a bread knife.
- Place the slices in a single layer on a good sized baking tray lined with grease-proof paper.
- Bake this for 50 minutes (or until completely dried out).
- Let cool for 20 minutes and then store it in an airtight container.