Baked Breaded Eggplant Slices
- 2 eggplants, washed, unpeeled, ½ inch sliced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or other sharp grated cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Arrange eggplant slices on a shallow baking pan and brush them with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, being careful since cheese has salt too.
- In a small bowl mix bread crumbs, grated cheese, parsley and toasted sesame seeds.
- Dip eggplant slices in the bread mixture and coat thoroughly, pressing to stick mixture on both sides.
- Place eggplant slices on a shallow clean and ungreased baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until nicely brown. Turn slices and let brown for 10-15 minutes more.
- They are terrific as a first veggie course as well as side dish for meat or fish.