Flaxseed Oatmeal Cookies
- Time 15 minutes
- Serves 50
- 3/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flaxseed, lightly grounded
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups whole spelt or wheat flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugars; add flaxseed and set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together. Combine with flax mixture.
- Sift together the flour and soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with other ingredients. Dough should be thick and easily formed into balls with two teaspoons.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Place balls of dough on baking sheet, leaving about 2" between cookies.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes, watching not to burn top of cookies. The smell at this stage will be delicious....
- Remove from sheet and arrange on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container.