Italian Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, thick
- 6-12 thin slices prosciutto
- 6-12 slices sharp provolone cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. grey salt
- Wooden toothpicks or baker's twine
How to make it
- Mix all herbs/dry ingredients together.
- Cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Rub inside of each pocket with some of the dry seasoning.
- Layer in cheese slice, prosciutto, then another cheese slice.
- Secure open pocket with toothpicks or baker's twine.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet pan.
- Rub outside of chicken breasts with remaining seasoning.
- Saute chicken until brown on each side.
- Transfer to oven safe dish, cover and bake at 325* for 30 minutes.
- Take cover off dish, top chicken with slice of prosciutto and cheese and bake until cheese is melted.