7 Day Easy Beer Mustard
- 1small tin of Colemans mustard (do not use any old dry mustard, this makes all the difference)
- 1 tbl sugar
- Dark stout beer (American is ok but a real foreign beer is best
- For a lighter flavor you can use a domestic ale
- One clean jar with lid
How to make it
- Put sugar and entire tin of Colemans mustard powder in the jar.
- Mix well
- Add beer and stir gently until it reaches the desired consistency you want.
- Cap it.
- Place it in the back of your refrigerator for one week.
- Every day take it out and stir (do not shake it!)
- At the end of 7 days and before every use stir and place a THIN layer on whatever you want.
- First attack is a lingering sweet taste followed by the heat.
- The longer it sits the hotter it gets.
- Variations I have tried is adding tarragon or dill weed, garlic oil, rosemary and thyme. Experiment.