Crockpot Vegetable Beef Stew
- Time 480 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/2 - cup medium onion, chopped
- 1 - cup baby carrots
- 2 - cups sliced celery
- 1 - pound red potatoes, scrubbed & cubed
- 2 - pounds beef stew meat, cut into chunks
- 2 - teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 - can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 - cup water
- 1 - can (6 ounces) tomato paste
How to make it
- In a 3-1/2 quart or larger crockpot, add onions evenly over the bottom.
- Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, and beef.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Pour diced tomatoes and water over the top of beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in tomato paste; cover.
- Cook 10 additional minutes.