Orange Buerre Blanc SauceFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
How to make it
- Zest half of one orange (about 2 teaspoons) and juice the two oranges (about 3/4 cup).
- Put the juice, zest, wine and shallots in a sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Cook until it is syrupy and almost gone.
- On low heat, whisk in the butter continuously and vigorously, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Real Butter is the only one for this sauce, and if you slowly add it, continuously stirring, the sauce will achieve a silky smooth texture.
- Do not let the sauce boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes about 1 cup.