Green Chile Squash Casserole
- 1 1/4 pound yellow summer squash, sliced, about 5 medium
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne or chipotle pepper or use black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 ounce can green chiles, drained and chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces of monterey jack cheese shredded
How to make it
- Cook the squash in boiling salted water until very soft; drain extremely well.
- Mash the squash until chunky.
- Add the butter and stir to melt in.
- Season with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and put in a greased casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 325º 60 minutes until set and browned.