Kosher Salmon Wontons
- Time 20 minutes
- Serves 24
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces fresh skinless salmon
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups peanut oil for deep frying
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- In small saucepan poach salmon in olive oil until barely cooked.
- Flake salmon and mix with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil used for poaching.
- Add all other ingredients then mix well and adjust seasoning.
- Working with one wrapper at a time place 2 teaspoons of the mixture in center of wrapper.
- Brush edges with water then close them pressing well on the edges.
- Make sure that they are tightly sealed.
- Keep wontons covered with a damp kitchen towel as you are working.
- Heat oil in a wok to 375 then deep fry for 2 minutes on each side.