Strawberry Stuffed French Toast With Warm Strawberry Sauce
- 16 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 18 ounce jar strawberry preserves
- 5-1/2 ounce can strawberry nectar
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spread cream cheese on 8 slices of bread and preserves on 8 slices of bread making 8 sandwiches.
- Combine eggs, half and half, nutmeg, vanilla and oil.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned then flip and repeat for other side.
- Cut each sandwich in quarters and layer on plate.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries topped with warm strawberry sauce.
- To make sauce heat preserves with nectar until well blended.