Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Time 480 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 bottom round or rump roast
- 3 carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut in fourths
- 1 cup homemade beef stock
- 1 cup homemade vegetable stock (or could use all beef)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
How to make it
- Brown beef on all sides in skillet.
- Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker crock.
- Place browned beef on top of vegetables.
- Pour stock over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove beef; cover to keep warm.
- Strain liquid into saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Mix milk and flour in a shaker.
- Add to boiling liquid and stir until gravy is desired consistency.