Corned Beef And Cabbage Soup
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 gallon water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 16 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes crushed
- 1 medium head green cabbage halved and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups diced cooked corned beef
- 1/2 cup converted rice
How to make it
- In large soup pot sauté onions, carrots and celery in butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add garlic, pepper and seasoning salt stirring well.
- Add water, bouillon cubes, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage and corned beef.
- Add additional water to cover vegetables and nearly fill pot if needed.
- Bring to boil and cook 45 minutes.
- Add rice and cook until done.