English Pea Salad
- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 14 oz can English sweet green peas; well drained
- 3/4 cup finely diced Cheddar or American Processed Cheese
- 3/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely diced sweet gherkins or sweet pickles
- 1/2 cup finely diced pimiento
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fine ground white pepper
How to make it
- Combine peas, cheese, celery, pickles, pimiento, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in medium-size bowl. Toss lightly to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Note: Luby's Cafeteria, Houston, Texas, 50th Anniversary Recipe Collection.