- 1/4 lb Shrimp
- 2 Cloves Pressed Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- A dash of Cayenne
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Sherry
- I Pinch Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
How to make it
- Defrost the shrimp if they're frozen and peel them.
- In a small bowl combine the shrimp, garlic, salt, cayenne, and olive oil.
- Set that aside for a few minutes to let things marinate.
- If the shrimp are still a little bit frozen be sure to let it sit until they are completely thawed.
- They'll cook better if they're closer to room temp than cold.
- Over medium heat, in a small pan, melt the butter.
- Don't get the pan too hot. If it's too hot you'll burn the garlic, boil off the yummy shrimp flavor, and probably overcook the shrimp.
- As soon as the butter melted, add the shrimp.
- Let them simmer on one side until they're done half way through and then turn them and cook till done., 3 minutes total.
- Just before the shrimp are just done add the sherry, lemon zest, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Stir everything together and cook for a few seconds more. At this point they are ready to serve.
- Crusty bread and a salad plus a side of pasta and sweet dessert go well.