- Time 15-20 minutes
- Serves 1
- 3 generous cups of flour
- 1 generous cup of shortening (I use butter) Chilled
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (I use sea salt)
- 1/3 c H20
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vinegar (I use cider or brown rice)
How to make it
- Measure out 1/3 cup Cold H20, drop in egg and vinegar, mix together until well blended.
- Cube cold butter into a medium mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl combine flour and salt.
- Add some flour mixture to the butter bowl and mush together with your hands, add the H20, egg and vinegar mixture.
- Continue to add the flour mix until well combined.
- Lightly flour your working surface, roll out crust.
- I always roll out my crust, form it into the pan then cover the bottom with pie weights and par bake @ 350 before filling. This insures the crust is crispy.