Low Carb Clam Chowder
- Time 100 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 3 TBS butter
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 small stalks celery diced
- 5 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cans baby clams(10 oz) with liquid plus enough water to make 4 cups
- 2 TBS Better than Broth Lobster base (or you could probably use chicken base)
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 2 Cups Carb countdown milk or Half and Half
- 2 TBS ThickenThin/NOT starch (guar gum)
How to make it
- Put bacon, onions, celery and butter in pot and cook until veggies are soft and bacon just starting to get crispy.
- Add turnips, clams and lobster base. Simmer for 1 hr until turnips are soft.
- Add cream and milk. Simmer for 30 hr. Whisk in thickener. Let sit 10 minutes off heat to thicken, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!