- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (I use sour milk)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted to brush the top
How to make it
- Preheat oven go 400 degrees
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda in a medium bowl.
- slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
- add buttermilk and milk and stir until a dough forms.
- roll out on floured surface - desired thickness
- cut biscuits using a floured biscuit cutter (I just use a large mouth drinking glass).
- arrange on lightly greased baking sheet
- bake 22 to 24 minutes or until golden brown
- remove biscuits from oven - coll a couple of minutes, then brush with melted butter.